Leeds Maternity Voices Partnership (MVP), which was known as the Maternity Service Liaison Committee, is a friendly group of parent representatives and professionals, who work together to help shape and develop maternity services in Leeds.
Achievements of the MVP so far:
- Leeds MVP was chosen to carry out the first ’15 Step Pilot Challenge’ in the country with NHS England in January 2018
- Our parent representatives helped to start the first joint bereavement group to help improve services between bereaved parents and staff
- Leeds MVP helped develop the Leeds Maternity Strategy 2015-2020, and is continuing to improve pathways of support for example in emotional wellbeing in pregnancy
- The Leeds MVP representatives have worked in partnership with local NHS professionals, to develop materials for families and parents about maternity services in Leeds
- Support the development and direction of the ‘Leeds Loves Homebirth’ service, to encourage families to consider homebirth as an option.
How you can get involved with Leeds MVP
Would you like to have an active role in making a difference to your local maternity services? If yes, visit our ‘Volunteer for us’ page to find out how you can get involved.
Becoming a volunteer you will help to raise awareness around the importance of maternity services. You will help to make sure that seldom heard voices are heard and contribute to future developments in maternity services.